Online Shopping Cart Instructions
Create a SINGLE Shopping Cart
- An online shopping cart is similar to a cart at the grocery store. You add the items you want to the cart, and then you go to checkout.
- There is one more step to online shopping, and that is adding a shipping address. You can ship the items to yourself or to any valid address in the 50 United States.
- Start by locating each item you wish the purchase on the drop down menu at the top of each page on the site. There are catalog pages to help you see catagories of items on one page.
- Each item has its own page. Click on the name or the photo of the item to get to that page. Here you will find a detailed description of the item and its contents.
- Fill in the quantity of of the item you wish to purchase. Then click or tap the ADD TO CART button (those of you with smaller screens will see a BUY button).
- A popup window will appear showing you what you have chosen, the quantity, and the price.
- From there, you can continue to items to add to that cart by clicking or tapping on the CLOSE button. Repeat the process of locating items and adding them to you shopping cart.
- When you have filled your cart, the next step is to enter the shipping address.
Enter the Shipping Address
- When your shopping cart popup window is open, you will see a button labeled ENTER ADDRESS.
- If the cart window is not open, click or tap on the EDIT CART (or tap on the little cart icon) located in the top right of your window.
- The shipping address page will display. At the top of this page, you will see a detailed listing of what is in the shopping cart for this address.
- Below that is a form to fill out with the name and address of to where you want the items delivered.
- If you want the items delivered to you, be sure and place a check in the box next to "To send this cart to your billing address, check this box and enter your address here." The system will use your shipping address as the billing address on the checkout page.
- You may enter a gift message and any shipping instructions that will assist us in getting your order properly addressed.
- When you have filled out all the necessary information, click or tap CHECKOUT. The system will verify that you have filled out all the required information and either show you the page again with a list of errors that need to be corrected or take you to the checkout page.
- This is the last page where you have another chance to review the details of your order.
- At the top, you will see anther listing of your shopping cart. Below that is a form where you fill out your billing address.
- If you are shipping the order to yourself and you checked the box back on the shipping address page, this information will be filled out for you.
- If everything is in order, enter your credit card number, expiration date, and card security code in the CREDIT CARD blank.
- Click or tap the SUBMIT ORDER button to complete your order. Your charge card information will be validated and either accepted or declined by your credit card bank.
- If the charge is accepted, you will be taken to a new page announcing that your order is complete. An email will be sent to the email address entered in the billing address form with all the detals of the order.
- In case the charge is declined, you will be returned to the CHECKOUT page to check all the information and try again, or try a different credit card.
How to ship to multiple addresses on just one order.
You can send items to multiple addresses and pay for it all on one order. You do this by creating carts one at a time. You must have at least one complete cart that contains one or more items and a shipping address before you can create a new cart.
Create Multiple Carts
- Once you have placed items in your first cart and entered the shipping address, you can create new carts and send items to other addresses.
- From the shippping address page, instead of clicking CHECKOUT, click SAVE CART.
- You will be taken to the pending baskets page that shows you a synopsis of your current cart. On that page click NEW CART. You current cart will be saved, and a new cart with no items in it will be created.
- Now, add items to your new cart and enter a new shipping address.
- You can repeat this cycle as many times as needed for all of the addresses for which you are shopping.
Editing Multiple Carts
Once you have at least 1 complete cart, you can access the cart synopsis page from the EDIT/VIEW CARTS link at the right hand side of the header bar on the site.
While you can have as many carts as you want, you can work on only one at a time. This is your Current Cart. To change your current cart, click the EDIT/VIEW CARTS link in the top right of the header bar.
- Every time you save a cart (from the shipping address page), you will be taken to the pending baskets page showing a synopsis of each cart you have created.
- You can have as many carts as you desire, but you can edit only one at a time. The pending baskets page will clearly show you the currently active cart.
- Once on the synopsis page, your Current Cart will be highlighted. If you need to edit an inactive cart, simply click or tap on any area of the synopsis of that cart to make that your current cart.
- From there, you can add or delete items in the cart, change the shipping address, or delete the cart.
Checking out with Multiple Carts
When you are done with your carts, click the CHECKOUT button to be taken to the page where you enter your billing address and credit card information. You will see a synposis of all of your carts on this page.
© Copyright 2003 - 2023 Monastery Fruitcake All Rights Reserved
- You can send items to multiple addresses.
- Each address is a separate cart.
- When you’re done with your carts, you enter your payment information on the Checkout Page.
- You’ll be able to see everything you have ordered and to whom the items are shipping before placing your order.
- Allows you to see your past orders
- Quickly Fill out the Checkout form with your information
- Save your shipping addresses for future use
- Re-order a previous order
- Access to shipping status and tracking information
Secure shopping on monasteryfruitcake.org